We shouldn’t be worrying about our retirement, but look forward to it instead! Government statistics indicate that most of us will spend at least 20 years in retirement.
Therefore it is an incredibly important part of your Financial Building Blocks to plan your retirement, regardless of your profession or age.
Planning for your retirement considers many things such as your desired retirement lifestyle, where you want to live, income required in retirement and the most suitable way to transition to retirement.
Some considerations maybe:
- How long can or do I wish to work for?
- When is the best time to retire?
- How much money will I need in retirement?
- How can I boost my current superannuation for retirement?
To help you achieve your maximum income in retirement, AAS will develop a financial road map, revised annually, until retirement commences. Your retirement is not just about your investments, it is having the freedom and ability to enjoy the lifestyle you prefer.
Equally important as your pre-retirement planning are your plans once in retirement. AAS specialist advisors can provide advice and assistance in relation to the following:
- Maximising Government benefits
- Establishing retirement income streams
- Managing the transitional years
- Helping to set up appropriate structures for holding your investments
- Identifying appropriate tax-optimisation strategies and maximising of retirement income
- Estate planning tailored to your requirements